November 01, 2010

I planted rows of cupcakes!

My birthday is on Halloween. I love my birthday.
I'd been dreaming about these cupcakes for AGES - and finally, I took the plunge.
I boiled two cans of condensed milk - amazing how quickly one turned to thick caramel while the other stayed quite watery. Two different brands - huh...interesting.
I used this recipe for the cupcakes (and sorry but didn't use "good" cocoa - I grabbed some generic brand - it was still good)
After they had cooled, I used a cannoli form, hollowed out the centers of the cupcakes and filled them in with the runny caramel. I topped them off with the thicker caramel and called them "good"....
I ate one and nearly passed out in a sugar coma. Definitely sweet and delishy (one of Pookie's favorite words to describe something yum ;-])
I shared them at the office, and posted on Facebook that I had some and pretty soon, they were all gone. Thank god. I don't need those near my hips and belly! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment